As well as providing specific support on tax risk, processes and controls, we can provide a suite of online training modules to give your employees the skills required to complete the VAT return process.
This training covers:
- the key VAT rules;
- the procedures and controls that should be in place to ensure VAT returns are submitted accurately and on time; and
- when the output VAT should be charged, guiding the employee through the input VAT the business is entitled to reclaim.
The training can be delivered on a wide range of VAT issues, including:
- AP/AR and group reporting functions;
- VAT and international supply chains;
- VAT accounting for property transactions;
- VAT issues and opportunities for the trade sector or business; and
- VAT for charities and/or grant-funded organisations.
What are the benefits of VAT training for your employees?
Having a watertight control over VAT processes is an ongoing challenge for many businesses. The rules are often complex, the way in which transactions are structured can change the VAT treatment, and the VAT process usually involves several employees across various departments.
The business benefits of our bespoke VAT training include:
- Ensuring staff have the knowledge, experience and confidence to carry out their responsibilities effectively.
- Minimise errors, leading to a lower risk of the business incurring inflated costs, accounting mistakes, or penalties.
- Achieving a consistent approach to VAT processes across all areas of the business.
- Providing an effective tool to demonstrate robust controls over the VAT process for SAO reporting processes, internal audit and HMRC Business Risk Reviews.
- Adding to a body of evidence that demonstrates reasonable care, which can prove vital if an error does occur.
Although VAT training will be of benefit to all businesses, it will be of particular use to businesses that have new joiners in the finance team, have just embarked on a new business venture, or have made acquisitions.
Online, on-demand delivery
The training is pre-recorded by our VAT specialists and then hosted online and accessed on demand. It can then be used as part of the on-boarding training for new joiners and as part of your annual training cycle. We can also incorporate testing to check and evidence understanding.
We can adapt this training to suit your needs and it can take the form of:
- basic modules for on-boarding and consistency;
- bespoke training; and
- jointly presented modules.
We can tailor these last two options to your specific business activities, so your employees can grasp concepts quickly within actual scenarios they’ll encounter in their day jobs.
Once you’ve received them, you can host your training modules within your systems to use whenever they’re needed.
One-off package and annual service options available
You can purchase a one-off package of training modules, which will come with a limited shelf life as the content will not be regularly updated.
For this reason we recommend our annual update service, which incorporates any changes to the VAT rules that have taken place during the year. With this service, you also have the option to spread the cost over a three to five year period.
Arrange a demo and discuss your needs today