In recent years there have been a number of changes to the way property is taxed in the UK. The rules are now complex and full of pitfalls.We recommend seeking specialist advice to ensure compliance and make tax savings.
Whether you are purchasing commercial property as an investment or for your business to use, the structure in which you hold the asset will impact your tax liabilities. It is therefore essential that all new property investments are considered carefully. Given recent changes,existing ownership structures should also be reviewed by experts who can assist in developing the right solution.
At RSM, our dedicated real estate tax team can provide services tailored to meet your needs. Our advice for UK and cross-border investors and developers of UK real estate ensures that ownership structures are tax-efficient and meet the commercial needs of the business. Our compliance services also provide us with an opportunity to understand your business, spot any opportunities and develop an efficient tax strategy to help you meet your businesses objectives. The services we provide include:
- corporation tax return filing and advice;
- non-resident landlord return filing and advice;
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) returns and advice;
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) and Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT) planning;
- providing support to those subject to the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS);
- tax treaty claims and advice;
- VAT advice and returns;
- tax-efficient structuring (including international structuring where appropriate);
- advising on the tax implications of debt finance;
- transfer pricing preparation and review;
- property funding advice;
- advice on acquisitions and disposals;
- tax and financial due diligence;
- maximising tax allowances on the construction, purchase or refurbishment of a property;
- remuneration and profit extraction planning;
- exit planning; and
- advice for directors, including inheritance tax and income tax planning.
RSM has in-depth knowledge of the commercial and tax drivers in the property industry. By combining this with our commitment to get to know your business needs, we can provide effective solutions to the tax issues faced by property investors and developers.
For more information about how our property tax-related services can help your business, please contact Adrian Benosiglio.