Listen to our employment tax hot topics webinar where we take a look at the latest employment tax updates that can affect you and your employees such as:
- revocation of dispensations – expectations from HMRC and how this will impact you;
- scale rate payments – how to understand and keep on top of these complex changes;
- employment status – unpacking the new focus from HMRC and the considerations you need to take in account;
- national living wage – are you compliant? Are your procedures proficient to identify rate changes? and
- Budget 2016 changes that impact employment taxes.
We also share our experiences on some of the hot topics with HMRC including:
- employer reviews - with HMRC having recruited new officers into employer compliance we are seeing differing types of review from HMRC. These can differ on the size of business and where they are in their compliance cycle;
- travel issues – HMRC are obtaining significant settlements with employers struggling with the complexities of the travel rules. We will talk you through the issues which are causing the most problems; and
- salary sacrifice – employers may consider that salary sacrifice on pensions, childcare and 'bikes to work' are tax free but we look into why a recent HMRC initiative may suggest otherwise.
If you would like to listen to the recording and view the slides, please contact Helen Cox.