Welcome to the latest emergency services sector update
Following the summer recess, news from central government continued to come through with the National Audit Office (NAO) publishing a detailed report of its investigation into the Emergency Services Network (the replacement for the Airwaves system). All emergency services are expected to be operating the new communications standard by January 2020. We take a detailed look at the outcomes of the NAO review and highlight some of the key risks identified in the report.
Also inside this edition we look at other recent developments within the sector including:
- little book of cyber scams;
- home secretary's conference speech;
- delivering good governance;
- joined up response to child protection;
- police procurement;
- public confidence in the police;
- RSM's police risk register analysis;
- the first ever release of fire procurement data; and
- updates from parliament.
Our emergency services sector update provides insight and information into new developments affecting the sector and poses the key questions your Committees need to consider when identifying and managing their risks.