Our charity survey findings report offers advice on how to run effective committees including bench-marking figures to compare your organisation against others in the sector to avoid red warning lights. Following this publication our specialists have produced a technical handbook aimed to help charities set up effective audit committees and ensure all lights are green.
The guide examines the areas below and includes best practice examples and self-assessments:
- setting up an effective committee;
- remaining fit for purpose – how to assess effectiveness;
- maximising value – setting a clear agenda;
- assessing external and internal audit performance, including auditor performance checklist;
- an illustrative committee report;
- committee effectiveness additional questions; and
- key lines of enquiry for an audit committee.
'RSM has compiled a handbook that aims to help charities set up effective audit committees. This practical tool will serve as a helpful reference point, even for charities that have good governance. I wholeheartedly endorse it.'
Sarika Patel, trustee and audit committee chair at the Royal Institution
Complete your details in the form below to download a copy of our best practice guide.